Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with an Eco-Friendly Digital Menu
Thinking about an eco-friendly digital menu for your sustainable restaurant? Learn the environmental benefits of digital menus.
Do you want to incorporate sustainable technology and practices into your restaurant? An eco-friendly digital menu could be the solution you need. It’s a straightforward way to reduce your carbon footprint and show your customers that you care about the environment.
Is it worth the investment? Will your customers even care? Let’s look at all the environmental benefits of digital menus.
Consumer Thoughts on Sustainability
Environmental issues are top priorities for many consumers, and for a good reason.
8.2 million acres of forests are cut down every single year, and around 42% of the wood harvested goes towards paper products. Restaurants are responsible for a significant amount of paper consumption.
Dining establishments actually create more than 1.5 billion pounds of paper waste annually on receipts alone. When you add in paper packaging, napkins, and paper menus – it’s easy to see why so many consumers are looking to the food industry to do their part.
Eighty-three percent of consumers want restaurants to have more environmentally friendly practices. Plus, nearly 30 million U.S. consumers say that sustainability is a deciding factor in choosing where to eat. It may even help increase the customer experience.
That’s why so many restaurant owners are looking for ways to be more environmentally friendly. Many restaurants turn to sustainable technology, including eco-friendly digital menus.
The Environmental Benefits of Digital Menus
Switching to digital menus has clear environmental and business benefits for restaurants. These include:
- Save the Trees: Think for a second about paper menus. How much paper do you use every time you print a new menu? What happens if you make a spelling error and need to toss out and reprint all those menus? We’re talking about thousands of pounds of paper wasted every single year on paper menus.
- Reduce Pollution: Ink usage is a significant contributor to ground soil and water pollution. Around 1 million ink cartridges are tossed in landfills every day. Each of those cartridges takes approximately 1,000 years to decompose in our landfills. All the while, they’re polluting our soil and water with volatile organic compounds and heavy metals. Traditional restaurant menus use a lot of ink, but with eco-friendly digital menus you can minimize that impact.
- Save Time: With digital menu software, menu updates happen in seconds and are immediately accessible by your patrons. No more time spent typing out updates and waiting for the new menus to come back from the printer.
- Save Money: The cost of printing is rising every year. Digital menus pay for themselves in saved costs over time. Paper menus are simply not financially viable. Printing menus every time you need to update or make a mistake can add up quickly. Switching to an eco-friendly digital menu board just makes sense.
- Add Visual Appeal: Digital menu boards allow you to add striking imagery and company branding to capture your customers’ attention. Plus, they have a clean, professional look that typically lasts for the long run, whereas paper menus lose their visual appeal over time from staining and wear and tear.
Getting Started with An Eco-Friendly Digital Menu
Now is the time to move towards more sustainable restaurant practices. Show your customers that you care about the environment by switching to eco-friendly digital menus.
Start creating your digital menu today with our free demo.