The Business of Beer with Greg Koch CEO & Co-Founder of Stone Brewing Co.
TapHunter Podcasts, Episode 1: Greg Koch, CEO & Co-Founder of Stone Brewing Co, expresses his passion for craft beer in this very unique podcast interview with a luminary figure in the industry.
Andy “The Beerman” Coppock kicks off The Business of Beer podcast series here on TapHunter Radio with an interview with Greg Koch, CEO & Co-Founder of Stone Brewing Co. Going back a number of years, these friends and colleagues dive head first into discussing Stone Brewing’s past and future, the artisanal model of American food culture, Greg’s 4 month sabbatical from technology, and much more.
- Greg’s moment of epiphany
- How deep does the rabbit hole go
- Stone Brewing Co.
- “Success when we opened up: could you dare even say that word?”
- Craft beer simply tastes good
- Quality over cheapness
- Commodity model vs artisanal model
- Craft distillation
- Technology allows like minded people to connect
- The stupidest complaint Greg has ever heard
- Greg’s 4 month sabbatical
- Bumps in the road
- Greg is very passionate
Selected Links from Episode 1
- Greg Koch
- Stone Brewing Co
- What Does “Artisanal” Mean, Anyway? | Civil Eats
- I Am a Craft Brewer video by Greg Koch
- National Beer Sales & Production Data | Brewers Association
- What It Really Takes to Open a Craft Distillery | Slate
- Stone’s CEO Prepares for a Mini-sabbatical | UT San Diego
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]