Account Executive Position Openings
TapHunter is a fast growing technology startup that sits in the middle of mobile, social and web technology in the specialty beverage industry. We were recently mentioned in TIME, New York Times, Travel + Leisure, Forbes.com and named one of San Diego’s coolest startups by Business Insider. We’re building products that help connect people and places in hopes of making the world of craft beer and premium spirits easier to explore…and we could use your help.
We are looking for San Diego based sales consultants to work out of our downtown office. You will serve as an advisor by providing detailed information about our suite of web and mobile products to bars, restaurants and other outlets. The right candidate will have a background in selling recurring subscriptions and technology services.
Why work at TapHunter:
- Make an impact. We’re growing quickly and anyone who comes in now will have a direct and measurable impact on the organization.
- We have vision. We’re a team that works hard and is committed to the vision of using technology to improve the inefficiency that exists in the beverage industry.
- We have fun. Enjoy frequent company happy hours, beer/whiskey tastings and good ol’ fashioned team bonding. You will have fun. We’re an exciting and fast paced company located in downtown San Diego, in the middle of it all.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a high volume of outbound sales calls to a variety of bars, bottle shops and tasting rooms
- Qualify prospects in a timely manner, provide online demos and presentations daily over the phone
- Develop and manage your own leads, in addition to incoming leads from the marketing channel, driving the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing deals
- Crush sales targets on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- 1+ years B2B sales experience (e.g. outbound or inbound sales environment)
- 6+ months of B2B cold calling experience
- Coachable, flexible and self-motivated
- History of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Strong presentation, networking, time management and interpersonal skills
- Desire for a career in sales
- Solid understanding of social media and basic online marketing concepts, with ability to communicate those concepts to less savvy audiences
- Excellent work ethic
It is also an advantage if you have the following:
- CRM experience with a product like Close.io or Salesforce
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Love of craft beer, spirits, cocktails or wine
- Love of the Internet and social media
Compensation – $25K Salary + Commission
Potential to earn $55K+ in year one, and $64K+ in year two – no commission cap!
- Days often end with a few pints
- Tickets to beer festivals, tastings, dinners and more
- Catered breakfast twice a month
- 2 weeks of PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Monthly parking allowance
- Free gym access
- Health/Dental insurance
Work alongside smart and interesting people:
Apply here: https://taphunter.workable.com/jobs/2707
Provide details in your cover letter on what interests you about the beverage and/or startup industry. Generic cover letters will be ignored.
Give us a chance to get to know you. There are 3 questions as a part of the application process. Please answer thoughtfully as this is your chance to provide a GREAT first impression. Give us a sense of who you are!