[CBC Edition] The Business of Beer with World-Renowned Beer Writer, Ale Sharpton
The Business of Beer, Episode 50: Ale Sharpton – World-Renowned Beer Writer
In this special CBC episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Ale Sharpton, world-renowned beer writer. Ale joins us from the busy CBC floor to talk about African American and craft beer, turning people on to craft from macro beer, how to sell more beer in urban areas and much more! You don’t want to miss this special edition podcast.
- 0:01 Intro and general conversation, how did you get into craft beer
- 3:30 Where are the African Americans in craft beer? Beer diversity
- 8:00 Education and helping people find beer they like when they think they don’t like beer
- 9:00 Food pairing and beer dinners/events
- 12:00 turning people on to craft from macros
- 13:00 what can the craft beer industry do to attract more diversity?
- 16:20 scholarship for craft brewing is something he wants to do, craft beer education
- 18:50 how do we get more people like ale sharpton out there?
- 21:30 should the BA do more outreach? What about distributors?
- 22:40 how to sell more beer to drink in urban areas, night clubs, etc.
- 24:50 craft expansion is going to need expansion in different communities
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]