The Business of Beer with Stephen Beaumont for World of Beer
The Business of Beer, Episode 11: Stephen Beaumont, Beer Writer for World of Beer – why every beer is an IPA, why there is no Belgian style, and much more!
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, famous beer writer Stephen Beaumont joins us to talk about his life drinking beer for a living. Stephen’s humor shows through when he tells us why every beer is an IPA, and his discussion of the Belgian style (or lack thereof) is must-hear radio.
- How Stephen became a beer writer
- Fascination with flavors
- Everything is now an IPA
- Stephen’s IPA soliloquy
- Beer styles are confusing consumers, not helping them
- Belgian style is nonexistent in Belgium
- Summer of session beers
- Is craft beer becoming too pretentious?
- Is there a saturation point?
Selected Links from Episode 11
- Stephen Beaumont
- World of Beer
- Pocket Beer Guide
- World Atlas of Beer
- Great Canadian Beer Festival
- “Off” flavors in beer
- Michael Jackson (beer writer)
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]