The Business of Beer with Abnormal Beer Co.’s Head Brewer, Derek Gallanosa
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Head Brewer of Abnormal Beer Co., Derek Gallanosa. Derek joins us to talk about how he got into the brewing business, his mentors and inspiration for brewing, and Abnormal’s rapid expansion! If you are a home brewer looking to get into the big time, this podcast is for you!
- How did you get started in the beer business?
- What was your background before brewing?
- How did you make the transition from Homebrewer to pro to sales and back again?
- Who are your mentors?
- You became the beverage curator at Cork and Craft a while back. Was there always to intention to add a brewery?
- Who are the brewers you look to for inspiration?
- You do a ton of collaborations with other brewers, how did that become part of what you do?
- How does food play into what you do?
- Being Filipino, do you run into issues trying to pair the food you grew up with and the beer you make?
- What’s your favorite style to brew/what’s your brewing style?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure beer?
- Abnormal is undergoing some pretty major expansions. What’s it like growing so quickly?
- Has having world class guest beers at Cork & Craft helped you step up your game?
- How much freedom do you have?
- How do you see technology and social media’s influence on the Craft Beer Movement?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to email@example.com