The Business of Beer with Jerry Sanders former Mayor of San Diego
TapHunter Podcasts, Episode 6: Former Mayor of San Diego Jerry Sanders discusses the local business community, its craft beer scene, and the future of the area – all this and more!
Andy “The Beerman” Coppock interviews Jerry Sanders, former Mayor of San Diego and current president and CEO of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. Jerry talks about the economic impact of craft beer in San Diego, the camaraderie of brewers, sustainable water use in brewing, his favorite beers, and more in this special episode with one of the most well-known political voices in San Diego.
Download as MP3 Listen on iTunes
- Jerry used to drink “regular” beers but got into craft in San Diego
- He’s a fan of Stone Smoked Porter, darker beers, IPAs
- Labor of love turned into economic tool for the city
- “Every week is beer week here in San Diego”
- Jerry discusses the lack of a bubble due to quality of breweries
- Sustainable water use means craft beer isn’t a detriment to region’s supply
- Camaraderie amongst breweries and homebrewers in the area
- The future of the community 5-10 years down the road
Selected Links from Episode 6
- Jerry Sanders
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Stone Smoked Porter
- Jerry’s Farewell Beer
- San Diego Beer Week
- San Diego Water Authority Sustainability
- San Diego Brewers Guild
- The Economic Impact of Craft Breweries in San Diego | National University System Institute for Policy Research
- Report: San Diego Craft Breweries Generate $299.5 Million Economic Impact | West Coaster Magazine
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]