Warm Your Palate this Fall with CraftBeer.com’s Seasonal Selections
America’s Small and Independent Brewers Catapult Fall
Seasonals to the Top
Boulder, CO • August 25, 2015—With fall upon us, the air will begin getting a bit cooler and crisper. Whether nuzzling into a favorite sweater or picking pumpkins from the patch, CraftBeer.com – the Brewers Association (BA) website for beer lovers – has compiled a list of delectable fall seasonal craft beer choices, each produced by small and independent craft brewers.
“Thanks to its rich harvest, fall is truly one of the most magical times of the year for beer,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and Brewers Association craft beer program director. “Small and independent brewers delight in spicing up their offerings with all the flavorful contributions autumn has to offer. Without a doubt, these beers are certain to arouse the senses.”
The signature flavors and aromas that make fall seasonals great have led them to become the best-selling among the four seasons, accounting for 20.8% of the total craft volume share in 2014, and continuing to increase in popularity each year. Last year, the volume of craft seasonals sold increased 3.8% compared to the same time period in 2013.
Indulge the autumnal cravings with these vibrant selections that are sure to please:
- Ale Asylum | Satisfaction Jacksin| Madison, WI
- Boundary Bay Brewing Co. | Harvest Rye| Bellingham, WA
- Devils Backbone Brewing Co. | Pumpkin Hunter| Lexington, VA
- Fiction Beer Co. | Feely Effects| Denver, CO
- Hamburg Brewing Co. | Oktoberfest| Hamburg, NY
- Heavy Seas Beer | The Great’erPumpkin | Baltimore, MD
- Hi-Wire Brewing | Lion Tamer Red Rye| Asheville, NC
- Southern Prohibition Brewery | Sinister Minister| Hattiesburg, MS
- Mispillion River Brewing | Deathly Hallows| Milford, DE
- Natty Greene’s Brewing Co. | Thicket Autumn IPA| Greensboro, NC
- Rising Tide Brewing | D’Automne| Portland, ME
- Sudwerk Brewing Co. | Rye of the Lager| Davis, CA
- Sand Creek Brewing Co. | Cranberry SpecialAle | Black River Falls, WI
- Terrapin Beer Co. | Pumpkinfest| Athens, GA
- Two Roads Brewing | Roadsmary’s Baby| Stratford, CT
- Uinta Brewing | Punk’n Harvest Pumpkin Ale| Salt Lake City, UT
- Zipline Brewing Co. | Nut Brown| Lincoln, NE
And don’t forget to find the right food pairings to indulge all the senses and make that favorite seasonal craft beer even tastier.
“As the leaves change, nutty and sweet fall squash will give richness to any dish and provide a great pairing to the roast and spice in many fall seasonals,” said Adam Dulye, executive chef, Brewers Association. “For notes of acid in your cooking this fall, turn away from summery citrus and explore how pairing apples and pears can really bring out the flavor in craft beer.”
See CraftBeer.com’s “Craft Beer Fall Seasonals” for a complete list of the Brewers Association member breweries’ seasonal craft beer selections and descriptions. To round out your autumn craft beer experience, consider a tour of your local independent brewery.
# # #
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup®, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, AHA National Homebrewers Conference, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status. The BA complies with provisions of Executive Order 11246 and the rules, regulations, and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.