The Business of Beer with Writer & Financial Expert in the Beer Business, Jason Notte
The Business of Beer, Episode 48: Jason Notte, Writer & Financial Expert in the Beer Business
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Jason Notte, Writer & Financial Expert in the Beer Business. Jason joins us to talk about how he got into the financial side of beer, the biggest threats to the independent brewer, the current style trends he’s seeing, and more! If you’re a fan of Craft Beer, check this out!
– How did you get interested in writing?
– How did you make the jump to writing about beer?
– How did that morph into writing about the financial side of beer?
– Were you into beer before you started writing about it?
– How did you convince your editors that the beer biz was a subject worth covering?
– How do you deal with all of the rumors about buyouts and mergers?
– Have you pissed off anyone by reporting on those rumors?
– Let’s talk about all of the recent sales and acquisitions…
– Big beer buyouts get most of the press, what about these Private Equity deals and partnerships?
– What’s the biggest threat to the independent brewer?
– You wrote recently about a potential “SKU mageddon”. Explain that to our listeners
– What style trends are you seeing?
– West Coast IPA was the rage for a long time. Then Kettle Sours and Gose’s. Now we have the so called “New England IPA” What are you seeing?
– Being based out of Portland, how do you keep up with local trends elsewhere?
– Do you have a favorite style?
– What changes could be on the horizon?
– Is there a book in your future?
– Where can people find you on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.