8 Photo Sharing Tips for Bars
Creating fun content can be tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. Using photography through Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to help promote your bar or restaurant can increase your following, credibility and customer interaction! Here are a few tips on how you can use your own, and you clients photos to increase your clout!
Having a fan page on Facebook can be a great tool for your bar. Not only can you keep your customers engaged with your updates but Facebook allows people to tag your business in their photos! Keep the customers posting:
- Comment on photos you’re tagged in. Interacting with your fans shows you care and that you are more than a business–you’re people too.
- Share photos you are tagged in on your timeline and give credit to the source/photographer.
Using Pinterest to market your restaurant is one of the easiest ways to bring people to your website. With a few simple tips create fun, pinnable content to your Pinterest boards:
- Add “Pin” buttons to your food and drink menu photos for others to pin to their boards.
- Include SEO keywords to your pins in the description area.
- Have different boards for different parts of your menu (i.e., Desserts, Cocktails, Beer, Salads…etc).
Everyone is taking photos of their day-to-day life. Whether it’s going to their favorite craft beer bar and taking photos of their pints, or going to their local tavern and snapping a few shots of their meal those photos are floating around in cyber space. Here’s how you can use them to your advantage:
- With dozens of Instagram Widgets on the internet, set up a #hashtag for your location or do a location specific feed. A favorite example of this is from our friends at Heritage Public House in Santa Rosa. They use a #DrinkUp and #HeritagePublicHouse hashtag to populate their Instagram feed!
- Hold Statigram photo contests for people who come into your restaurant! (i.e., best chopstick walrus, best food photography, best beer mustache).
- Take your own photos! A good example of this is the guys at the Lock & Key Social Drinkery in LA- they update every day!