The Business of Beer with Brasserie Saint James Head Brewer, Josh Watterson
The Business of Beer, Episode 65: Brasserie Saint James Head Brewer, Josh Watterson
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Brasserie Saint James Head Brewer, Josh Watterson. He joins us to talk about their 2014 Mid-Size Brewpub of the Year award, their Belgian influence, his title as Director of the Nevada Craft Brewers Assocation, and much more!
Download as MP3 Listen on iTunes
– What was the reaction when you guys won the Mid-size Brewpub of the year?
– How did you wind up at Brasserie Saint James?
– What was your background before that?
– Where did you get your start and passion for beer?
– Was there a particular beer that started you on this path?
– Your beers have a decidedly Belgian influence…what led you to focus your brews that direction?
– You are blessed with your own water supply…tell me about that.
– What challenges have you faced brewing in Reno…it’s not exactly the most beer forward town?
– How have your sour beers gone over?
– Are you doing traditional styled sours or are you doing kettle souring or both?
– Do you have a particular favorite style, both to brew and to drink?
– Brasserie Saint James opened a 2nd location in SF. How did that come about?
– Are you brewing there as well?
– You are also a director for the Nevada Craft Brewers Assn. What kind of duties does that entail?
– What kind of issues are you fighting/lobbying for?
– Every state seems to have their own unique challenges when it comes to alcohol sales and distribution. What challenges does Nevada have?
– With the recent approval of the Mega Brew Merger of AB and Miller Coors, how is that going to change things for small brewers?
– As beer fans what can we do to better educate people?
– What’s next for BSJ?
– Where can people keep up with you on social media?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.
Bars and Restaurants – Want to save hours daily, drive thirsty patrons through your door and create an engaging experience for your customers? Learn more about how TapHunter can help your business today!