The Business of Beer with Against the Grain Brewery Co-Founder, Jerry Gnagy
The Business of Beer, Episode 62: Against the Grain Brewery Co-Founder, Jerry Gnagy
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Against the Grain Brewery Co-Founder, Jerry Gnagy. He joins us to talk about how they started, their particularly clever beer names and descriptions, what their plans are for the future, and much more!
Download as MP3 Listen on iTunes
– Before we get into some of the packaging and names, how and when did you guys start Against the Grain?
– What was your background before that?
– Where did you get your start and passion for beer?
– Was there a particular beer that started you on this nefarious path?
– Obviously you and your partners Sam Cruz, Adam Watson, and Andrew Ott are pretty irreverent. Was it a meeting of the minds or did you find out about the dark side of your personalities after you started the brewery?
– Let’s look at some of the beer names: Reinheitsgefekjaself, Sam & Adams Bossin Lager, Aunt Claudine’s Salty Melons. Where do you come up with these?
– Who writes the descriptions? Because they are EPIC!
– How about Brown Note, which featured one of the more controversial cans (pun intended) around.
– You operate a restaurant as well-Against the Grain Brewery & Smokehouse. I see a lot of smoked or smoky beers in your portfolio…Coincidence or Confluence?
– On the business side, do you plan on following the expansion path…production brewery, expanded distro, world domination?
– What kind of trouble do you have planned for the future?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to [email protected]
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.
Bars and Restaurants – Want to save hours daily, drive thirsty patrons through your door and create an engaging experience for your customers? Learn more about how TapHunter can help your business today!