The Business of Beer, Episode 79, with Societe Brewing Company Co-Founder, Doug Constantiner
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Societe Brewing Company (and TapHunter customer!) Co-Founder, Doug Constantiner. He joins us to talk about how Societe started, the status of American craft beer, their unique beer styles and categories, and much more!
Download as MP3 Listen on iTunes
- Where were the seeds of Societe planted?
- How did you and Travis become such good friends?
- When did you make the decision to go out on your own?
- How did the site selection play out?
- Why was this location so important?
- What are your production numbers?
- Why have you decided to grow the way you have?
- Why is fit so important?
- Why was having a Dissolved Oxygen meter so important?
- You are very structured in who you sell your beer to. Why is that?
- Why have you gone with a non-commissioned sales team?
- Where did the Societe name come from?
- How are beer and metal music alike?
- What’s behind the decision to not bottle your IPA’s?
- What’s your 5 year plan?
- Does slow and steady win the race?
- What is the number 1 goal of Societe?
- Let’s talk about the barrel program…
- Why did you wait so long to release your bottles?
- What are the beer categories about?
- What does Stygian mean?
- Why ‘feral’ instead of ‘sour’?
- Is funky the greatest flavor ever?
- Who are the funk meisters you look up to?
- What is the Holy Grail of beer?
- Why is American Craft Beer the greatest?
- How is American Craft influencing the world beer movement?
- What about trends like New England IPA?
- Why do you have to know the rules before you break them?
- Why is knowing your yeast so important?
- Is yeast like a musical instrument?
- Who are your brewing heroes? Is it possible to narrow it down?
- What beer is nearest and dearest to your heart?
- What would be your desert island brewery and why?
- Favorite Metal band right now?
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.
Bars and Restaurants – Want to save hours daily, drive thirsty patrons through your door and create an engaging experience for your customers? Learn more about how TapHunter can help your business today!