The Business of Beer, Episode 79, with Societe Brewing Company Co-Founder, Doug Constantiner
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Societe Brewing Company (and TapHunter customer!) Co-Founder, Doug Constantiner. He joins us to talk about how Societe started, the status of American craft beer, their unique beer styles and categories, and much more!
- Where were the seeds of Societe planted?
- How did you and Travis become such good friends?
- When did you make the decision to go out on your own?
- How did the site selection play out?
- Why was this location so important?
- What are your production numbers?
- Why have you decided to grow the way you have?
- Why is fit so important?
- Why was having a Dissolved Oxygen meter so important?
- You are very structured in who you sell your beer to. Why is that?
- Why have you gone with a non-commissioned sales team?
- Where did the Societe name come from?
- How are beer and metal music alike?
- What’s behind the decision to not bottle your IPA’s?
- What’s your 5 year plan?
- Does slow and steady win the race?
- What is the number 1 goal of Societe?
- Let’s talk about the barrel program…
- Why did you wait so long to release your bottles?
- What are the beer categories about?
- What does Stygian mean?
- Why ‘feral’ instead of ‘sour’?
- Is funky the greatest flavor ever?
- Who are the funk meisters you look up to?
- What is the Holy Grail of beer?
- Why is American Craft Beer the greatest?
- How is American Craft influencing the world beer movement?
- What about trends like New England IPA?
- Why do you have to know the rules before you break them?
- Why is knowing your yeast so important?
- Is yeast like a musical instrument?
- Who are your brewing heroes? Is it possible to narrow it down?
- What beer is nearest and dearest to your heart?
- What would be your desert island brewery and why?
- Favorite Metal band right now?
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.
Bars and Restaurants – Want to save hours daily, drive thirsty patrons through your door and create an engaging experience for your customers? Learn more about how TapHunter can help your business today!