The Business of Beer, Episode 72, with Highland Brewing Company Brewmaster and Director of Brewing Operations, Hollie Stephenson
In this episode of the Business of Beer with Andy “The Beerman” Coppock, we are joined by Highland Brewing Company Brewmaster and Director of Brewing Operations, Hollie Stephenson. She joins us to talk about being one of the few female brewmasters in the industry, the Pink Boots Society, Highland’s community involvement, and much more!
- How many female brewmasters are out there?
- What is your role? Do you still brew or is it more administrative? Is it important to have a brewmaster who actively brews?
- How long have you been brewing? Where did you get your start?
- Who were your influences? Did you have any mentors in the business?
- We met while you were employed at Stone Brewing and you were pretty involved with the Pink Boots Society. What is Pink Boots Society?
- The branding and logo for Highland Brewing definitely makes you think traditional ales. (Pales, browns and porters) What are you doing that doesn’t fit the traditional mode?
- What lessons did you learn working at Stone to prepare you for running a brew team?
- One of the things that Highland has in common with Stone (and so many craft breweries) is community involvement. How important is that?
- Are you developing a barrel program?
- What’s the business climate like in Asheville?
- You have several national breweries building facilities in your neighborhood. How does that impact you guys?
- What’s the growth plan for Highland?
- Where can people find you on social media?
- What advice do you have for women getting into the industry?
Who would you like to hear from next?
Please email any Podcast interview suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you enjoy this podcast? If so please leave a short review on iTunes by clicking here and then opening in iTunes.
Bars and Restaurants – Want to save hours daily, drive thirsty patrons through your door and create an engaging experience for your customers? Learn more about how TapHunter can help your business today!